New York Criminal Defense Attorneys Handle Felony Charges
Championing clients accused of serious crimes in the tri-state area
Felonies are the most serious charges you can face. Conviction can result in extended prison time that can forever change your life and your family’s. At our Staten Island firm, Gregg & Associates P.C., we understand the risks you face and the solid defense you require. We’ve been defending clients accused of felonies in New York and the tri-state area for more than 20 years.
Crimes charged as felonies in New York
New York has several grades of felonies, each with its own long list of qualifying charges and range of possible sentences:
- Class A violent felony. Includes the most serious crimes, such as aggravated, first-and second-degree murder and kidnapping. Maximum sentence is life in prison.
- Class B violent felony. Includes charges such as assault, manslaughter, rape, first-degree burglary. Sentences range from five to 25 years in prison.
- Class B nonviolent felony. Includes charges such as aggravated vehicular homicide, welfare fraud, sex trafficking, money laundering. Maximum sentence is 25 years.
- Class C violent felony. Includes charges such as aggravated criminally negligent homicide, strangulation, assault on a police officer. Sentences range from 3.5 to 15 years in prison.
- Class C nonviolent felony. Charges include vehicular manslaughter, computer tampering, forgery. Sentences range from probation up to 15 years in prison.
- Class D violent felony. Charges include reckless assault of a child, stalking, making a terroristic threat. Sentences range from two to seven years in prison.
- Class D nonviolent felony. Charges include vehicular assault, labor trafficking, identity theft. Sentences range from probation up to seven years in prison.
- Class E violent felony. Charges include persistent sexual abuse, second-degree placing a false bomb. Sentences range from probation to four years in prison.
- Class E nonviolent felony. Charges include luring a child, criminal possession of a firearm, receiving a sports bribe. Sentences range from probation to four years in prison.
It cannot be stressed enough: if you have been charged with a felony, you need immediate help from criminal defense attorneys who have helped others in your situation. Our lawyers have the experience you can trust to carry you through every step of a felony criminal proceeding.
Your strongest advocates for NY felony criminal appeals
Not every case achieves the desired result, despite sound strategies. If you have been convicted of a felony, you have the option to appeal to the New York Appellate Division. Our appeals court experience has taught us to always be prepared for the possibility of an appeal. That’s why our attorneys take every opportunity at trial to preserve issues that may support an appeal.
Beyond the Appellate Division, we have experience appealing to the highest court in New York for criminal appeals, the New York Court of Appeals.
Trust your felony defense or appeal to experienced New York attorneys
Gregg & Associates P.C. offers a free initial consultation at our Staten Island office. If you are facing any level of felony charge, please contact our criminal defense attorneys to discuss your case and see how we can help. To schedule a consultation, please call us at 866-308-3353 or contact us online.